Welcome to the Church of England Youth Council! We are a youth-led council that aims to serve God by actively representing, enriching, and engaging with the young people of the Church of England. We represent and reflect 16 – 25s across the nation and have their voices heard at national levels!
Last week at General Synod Sarah made her maid
en speech in the debate on Setting God’s People Free! Have a listen t
o the debate here. Sarah begins at 27:55, but the whole debate is worth listening to! If you’d like to read the report, click here. You can follow the activity of our synod reps at @CEYCNews on Twitter when they’re at synod.
So what are CEYC’s aims?
actively represents the young people of the Church of England by:
- discussing and debating issues impacting on the youth of today
- engaging in dialogue with the Church of England and the wider community
enriches its members by providing the opportunity to:
- participate fully within the CEYC community
- discern and develop their gifts and callings within the wider context of the church
- gain knowledge of the Church of England
- experience the differing traditions and views within it
- debating issues affecting all young people
- encouraging and supporting young participation at all levels
- facilitating change and taking action where appropriate
- supporting them in their spiritual journey
- being biblically led, prayerfully led, and love centred
Explore this website, learn about us, book into event, grab some resources, expand your prayer life and get in touch!