Here is an exciting opportunity for a year long internship in Portsmouth, beginning in September 2018.
The Western Wards Internship is a one year programme, suitable for people aged between 18-29 who wish to explore their vocation through a combination of hands-on ministry experience, theological training and vocational discernment.
Deadline: 1st September 2018
The vision of the Western Wards Internship is to provide the opportunity for young people to:
* Explore…it is not a ‘job on the cheap’, or a stepping-stone apprenticeship, but a chance to explore a sense of purpose and direction.
* Learn…about themselves & other people, to think about faith & ministry at a deeper level, develop new skills and experiences, observe others in action
* Try…to ‘have a go’, step outside the comfort zone, develop in leadership
* Belong…to be part of a group of others on a similar journey of exploration, supported by the Church locally, regionally and nationally
* Grow…to find encouragement, challenge and growth through the active supervision and mentoring from ministers who are committed to developing ministry in others.
‘Success’ is seeing all participants clearer about how their faith motivates their life in the world.